DESCENDANT "ROCKSTAR" BOOK TOUR!

DESCENDANT "ROCKSTAR" BOOK TOUR!
Click the button for all the tour stops!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Purple Day!!


I found out about this from a few of my other amazing writer friends. Click on over to Cassidy's Site and check it out!

Purple Day started last year in Canada when nine year-old Cassidy Megan, who has epilepsy, wanted to broaden public awareness about her condition. Why purple? Lavender is the color associated with epilepsy around the globe.“Before I started Purple Day, I was afraid to tell people about my epilepsy,” Cassidy says. “I thought they would make fun of me. I wanted to tell everyone about epilepsy, especially that all seizures are not the same and that people with epilepsy (50 million worldwide) are ordinary people just like everyone else.”


Purple Day is March 26thWear your purple to support epilepsy awareness globally.

2 comments:

J.R. Johansson said...

Very cool, my brother has epilepsy so I am very familiar. Thanks for giving attention to a great cause!

Lesley Livingston said...

You're welcome, Jenn!

Check out the site - it's pretty amazing what the young lady is doing.